Saturday, January 16, 2016

Fix #9

I actually got this fix back in December. I scheduled a new fix immediately after sending back everything from last time. I didn't want to wait until January to get some new clothes. I didn't put anything specific in my note to my stylist.

When my package arrived, I was interested to see that I had a new stylists, Elisa. I had asked to keep the same stylist from last time, to give her another chance. I wonder if you don't get to keep the client if they hated everything. Anyway, I was excited to see what she sent.

RD Style
Adriene Dress 

This dress is amazing. It fits wonderfully and makes me feel great. I was thrilled about the length. It has some spandex in the fabric, so it keeps everything in just the right place. Steven said that I can't wear this to church, but any other time would be just fine with him. Love, love, love this dress!


Conclusion: Keep


Kut From the Kloth
Jonathan Skinny Corduroy

I was able to find this one online when I peeked at my fix. I wasn't sure what color I would get. They are actually dark green, but I honestly had no idea until I read the tag. They just looked black to me. They fit perfectly, as if they were made specifically for me. Steven told me that when you find pants that fit, you just have to get them. I agree. I'm glad to be adding something totally new to my wardrobe. I think the last time I had corduroy pants, I was in seventh grade and I got them from the boys section. According to my stylist, these pants are totally on trend right now. Hooray!


Conclusion: Keep


Gilli
Sheri Graphic Print Pencil Skirt

My stylist just "had to send this" because she saw a similar one on my pinterest board. I was a little skeptical because I had one similar sent to me in a previous fix that I didn't like. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I slipped this skirt on. It fit perfectly!  I have learned that not all pencil skirts are created equal. This one was a great length and I feel confident wearing it. Another winner for Steven, too.


Conclusion: Keep


Market & Spruce
Yuna Chevron Pointelle Knit Sweater

There were lots of different colors of this one online. I was happy to see that it was a pretty navy. Even though I have a lot of blue in my closet, I need to retire some of those pieces, so this was a nice addition. Honestly, I was on the fence about this one. I couldn't decide whether or not I really wanted it. It fit great and the only sweaters I have are cheap, shrunken ones from Old Navy that I bought seven years ago. Steven convinced me to keep it, and I'm glad I did.


Conclusion: Keep


Market & Spruce
Colobri Plaid Printed Tab-Sleeve Shirt

I was really hesitant about this one when I peeked at it online. It is slightly out of my style comfort zone. I was expecting it to be made out of flannel, but it actually is a light blouse material. I liked the colors. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the length of the back. It felt a little like a butt flap to me, but Steven said it doesn't look that bad. It only made sense to keep to get the discount. One thing I like about it is that it has more of a grown-up feel to it, which is one of my main goals about my new clothes. I actually has grown on me and become one of my favorite shirts. And yes, that is a cat tail in the picture.



Conclusion: Keep


Overall, I was really happy with this fix. I got some pieces that I loved and my style comfort zone was expanded a little bit. I requested the same stylist for next time and I'm excited to see what I get. She seems to understand me pretty well, so far.

To sign up for stitch fix click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment