Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Fix #13

After the last fix, I was ready to say goodbye to Stitch Fix. I emailed them and explained why I was leaving and what I thought could be improved on. They were very nice when they responded and asked if I would be willing to try again with a senior stylist assigned to me. After some back and forth, I agreed to give them one more shot if they credited the styling fee.

I was impressed when I got my note from my stylist. I had asked for something to wear for an upcoming audition. She was very thoughtful and even researched the character I am going for. I was also happy to see that everything was fitted.


Loveappella
Fifi Lace Overlay Knit Top

This was one sent to me for my audition. I instantly fell in love with it. It has a lace overlay on the front and back. It is very comfortable and can be easily dressed up or down. This was Steven's favorite piece as well. My only complaint is that I felt it was an inch or two too long.


Conclusion: Keep


Skies are Blue
Disanto Lace Detail Top

I loved the fit of this shirt and the color. It has a lace detail on the front that went too far down the chest for me. Steven actually really liked this shirt, but I couldn't get over the placement of the lace. It felt bib-like.


Conclusion: Return


Loveappella
Celso Mesh Detail Knit Top

I was on the fence with this one. It was very comfortable and I loved the fit. It would be a great every day shirt, which I need. It has a black mesh detail near the shoulder on each side. Steven thought I was it was too busy. Black is such a still color and I think had it been a blue or white, it would have worked better. I feel like it overpowered me a little.


Conclusion: Return


Loveappella
Genifer Tie-Back Knit Top

This was the other shirt sent for my audition. My hair is covering it, but I actually liked the neckline. It was in between a scoop and a boat neck. I loved the fit and the comfort. It had a bow in the back that felt strange to me. It felt too feminine, if that makes sense. Steven liked this one, too. To me it was just ok, didn't hate or love it.



Conclusion: Return


Margaret M
Christiana Skirt

Steven and I both loved this skirt. It fit great and I felt like I had a lot of options in my current wardrobe that could go with it. It was a little thin, so I wouldn't be able to tuck my shirt in unless I wanted a huge bump. The big downside was the price, $80. This is not an $80 skirt to me. It's too bad, because I really liked it.


Conclusion: Return


For another shot at Stitch Fix, they did pretty well. I didn't have many complaints, just a few minor things I didn't like. I'm not sure if I am going to continue with them or not. If I do, I would have to alternate between Wantable and Stitch Fix each month because of my budget. Overall, I feel like they did a decent job to redeem themselves.

Click here to try Stitch Fix for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment