Sunday, March 6, 2016

Fix #12

After the last few disappointing fixes, I wrote a strongly worded note to my stylist about how unhappy I had been with the service. I explained why I was frustrated and that I would not be continuing if things didn't turn around. I was interested to see how they responded.

Fun2Fun
Walden V-Neck Blouse

I actually really liked the color and it seemed like a good basic shirt that could be very versatile. My only reservations was that it was so full of static. From the moment when it arrived to three days later, it was so full of static it just clung to me. Also, not a big fan of the capped sleeves. My sister said it made my arms look weird. I was really on the fence with this one because I could see the possibilities.


Conclusion: Return


Loveappella
Kiana Crew Neck Knit Top

I thought this top was pretty cute, however my husband hated it. He didn't like the different sizes of stripes. Also, from straight on it made me look kind of boxy. Also, it was really expensive for a t-shirt. Ultimately, I'm not going to keep something my husband hates.


Conclusion: Return


41Hawthorn
Berneen Dolman Knit Top

I don't get it. This is the third Dolman top I've received!  I apparently wasn't clear the other times when I stated how much I hate Dolman tops and please never send me one again. One thing I've struggled with Stitch Fix is communication between the stylists. It seems that messages never get through or they don't review enough of the previous fixes. I don't mind the pattern or color. I do mind the sagging look of my arms.


Conclusion: Return


Market & Spruce
Saige Knit Dress

Welp, for starters it was too short for me. Also, the knit fabric was not very forgiving. I like to have less flimsy material for my dresses. Not to mention the crazy lines that hurt me eyes. It didn't look very flattering and added a lot of weight to my hips.


Conclusion: Return


Skies are Blue
Ferris Mixed Material Collared Top

I've been asking for more color and I get black. Yippee. Besides that, I actually really liked the fit and cut of this shirt. It looked flattering, loved the sleeves, and could easily be dressed up or down. I should have moved my hair for the picture because you can't see the pockets. It is a good staple and because I wasn't keeping anything else, I decided I didn't want to lose my styling fee. 


Conclusion: Keep

Well, I'm going to take a break from Stitch Fix. The items that I have kept, I really love, but there were way more misses than hits. Out of 60 items sent to me over the last year, I have kept 15. My main problem was that I never really felt listened to and that my style was never understood. There also weren't too many really special pieces that I felt really excited about.

I have decided to try a different company called Wantable, which does the exact same thing. I really love the service and am hoping to find a company that meets my needs better. I'll probably only use Stitch Fix again if I have a credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment